Your first assignment is to create an original alphabet that reflects who you are and what interests you. Look below for some more examples .
You also have to purchase the following items to do your homework:
1. a sketchbook from me $10.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Monday, September 19, 2016
In our first assignment we are examining the work of ABSTRACT artist PAUL KLEE. We will create a castle based on his painting Castle in the Sun and , using another of his ideas, hide a famous quote that has a special meaning to us. then use watercolors and sharpie pens over antique book pages to finish . Concepts we wil be exploring will be: Abstract art, Paul Klee's life . Asymmetric and symmetric balance, Contrast,Variety , cold, warm and Arbitrary colors,
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
This introduction class is designed to develop strong drawing skills on the part of each student. Drawing is the main focus of this course. Through drawing we will explore other media like watercolor, oil pastel, ceramics, charcoal all attempting to answer the questions, "Who am I
?" and "What is my Story?"
• Hand held pencil sharpener, with a pencil shaving catcher
• Erasers - Pink Pearl, Kneaded, and White Plastic
• Sketchbook- provided by teacher. $10- 8.5 X 11 HardBound ( These journal sketchbooks are a major componet)
• 1 set of Prismacolor Colored Pencils, 12 Pack Good, 24 Pack Fantastic.
• A container of some sort for these materials, which will be personalized by the student
in class, homework assignment during the first weeks of school.
2 rollerball fine pens -black